In the last months, Prof. Dr. Andrea Giuricin had meetings with Ministers and CEO of the company to make a better benchmarking analysis and to have an effective reform of the sector.
This is another important step for the internationalization of the consulting company, after working, in China, South Korea, Indonesia, Africa and Europe.
TRA consulting CEO, Prof. Dr. Andrea Giuricin, was interview by several media and Institutional stakeholders about the railway reform in France.
Data and analysis about the #HSR in Italy were used by the #JDD Journal de Dimanche en France where the #Spinetta report and #Macron government are trying to make a reform of the railway system and SNCF.
In Italy the competition gives benefits for the consumers with a strong decrease of the prices of the tickets (Yield -40%) and the demand increased about 90 per in cent in 6 years.
These datas were also shown on France 2 at the news of 8 pm.
The debt level is very low as shown by the NFP/EBITDA ratio that it will be lower than 2 in 2018.
Competition was good for the consumers and for the railways company that they need to innovate to be competitive.
In the last days, I saw many comments on #ITALO and the sale to the Infrastructure Fund #GIP.
#Italo grew a lot in the last years and the EBITDA margin is higher and higher: in 2017 it was 34,3 per cent of the revenue.
The number of passengers increased from 6.56 million in 2014 to 12.8 million in 2017 with the same numbers of train (25 AGV).
The increase of the productivity decreased the cost per available seat km to a lower level of many low cost, even if #Italo is a not a low cost carrier thanks to the wide offer of services (Italo Lounge, Club, Wifi, On board portal).
The increase of the productivity gave an higher frequency of the service and this an important point to understand: in the HSR business the frequency is a key driver of the success to have also an higher Yield (Rev/PaxKm).
Why has an infrastructure fund bought a railway undertaking that it has not a infrastructure?
I had meetings in the last months with the most important investment bank that asked me some counselling:
– the EBITDA margin is similar to the Utilities
– The regulation will be certain for the next 4 years (access charge)
– The European market is opening soon
– The increase of the number of trains from 25 to 42 in the next 20 months will permits to increase frequency and to take new markets (Turin-Milan-Venice).
– It will be not easy to a third Railway operator to enter in the italian market due to the importance of the frequency of the service.
Last points the I underlined in my article for an italian newspaper:
– the crazyness of one founder of the company, Eng. Sciarrone that he was the first CEO of the company (2006-2013) and he created the company from zero.
– The capacity of the CEO, Mr. Cattaneo in making an impressive turnaround of the business.
– The shareholders that believe in this “crazy adventure”
– The high knowledge of the management of the company, that they were able to improve day by day the efficiency of the company.
TRA consulting analysis on the European market of High Speed rail is out on the main global media.
The study was reported not only on the english newspaper but also in French and German.
Prof. Dr. Andrea Giuricin, CEO of TRA consulting made some analysis about the process of sale #Alitalia Società Aerea Italiana S.p.A. and the problems of #ATAC, the Public Transport company in Rome in many articles and TV interviews.
“At #Class CNBC I spoke about Air France and Delta Air Lines and the possibility to challenge the offer of Lufthansa” comments the CEO of TRA consulting.
In the last days, he makes interview at the first channel of Italian Radio, Rai 1.
For the Corriere della Sera, the leader newspaper in Italy, TRA consulting makes data analysis and at #IlGiornale, other comments on Alitalia.
Lat but not least, at the first page of Milano Finanza my interview about #ATAC situation and the risk of bankruptcy of the Company.